For many, it is a matter of figuring out “How to go.” We recently applied and received a grant worth $20,000 over 4 years. I want to thank and congratulate our teacher/counselor Becca Moore on applying for the College Access EdQuest grant. Wood River is among 28 Nebraska High Schools selected to receive an EducationQuest Foundation College Access Grant.
High schools selected to receive a College Access Grant have the flexibility to develop or enhance college access programs appropriate for their students but must include specific activities that have been shown to increase access to higher education. These activities include:
- Visiting a Nebraska college campus
- Attending a Financial Aid Presentation
- Completing the FAFSA (or Estimator)
- Conducting a scholarship search (and apply)
- Applying to at least one college
- Host a college access meeting with 9th and 10th grade families
- Attending a College Fair or Educational Planning Program
- Providing information about dual-enrollment courses
- Taking the ACT, SAT, or equivalent
- Securing a 10% business match
It is never too late nor too early to be planning for college. If you have any questions about how to go to college, please always feel free to call the high school - Terry Zessin, Principal.